Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Upcoming Anthology Teaser

EXCERPT:

I feel her hands reach out for mine. She grabs hold of my wrist. Softly she guides the gun closer to her chest. I close my eyes while my finger searches for the trigger. Against all the voices in my head screaming “NO!” my finger finds its mark. My jaw is clinched so tight I can taste blood in my mouth. I begin to squeeze. The hammer falls. I kill her on a Sunday.

From "The Shed"
by Joshua Day (c) 2009
Other News
Hey everybody! Sorry I don’t get on here and update as much as I should. Unfortunately constantly fearing from my life and trying not to stay in the same place for very long makes that hard (check out the left sidebar for more details). Any way the anthology looks like it will be released in October. If you go to breaksaidsilence.blogspot.com you can see 2 other teasers from some of the other stories. Also along with the teaser the artwork for that story has been posted as well. I have to admit I am pretty proud of the artwork thus far. The one that you see above is one of the few I did on my own. Most of the artwork was done by me and William Pauley III. You can tell the ones we did together because they’re just insane. Agoraphobia by Brian Barnett is one of the teasers posted on William’s blog (breaksaidsilence.blogspot.com) and the artwork for that story was done by us both. Hopefully it will give you an idea of what to expect. For the rest of the stories and artwork you’ll have to buy the book but I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Lastly I am also kicking around ideas for another project. I’m hoping by the end of the week I can make another blog post and give you a taste…let me just say if you’re a fan of Tim Burton’s book “The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories” then this will be for you…

No comments:

Post a Comment